Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of releases and updates recently. Here’s an update of what’s going on.
A large number of the staff have been very busy with real life issues, especially the translators. In the meantime, we’ve been timing the episodes so that they are ready to go for translation once our translators open up. As you can imagine, AKB48 SHOW is a fairly labor-intensive translation job, so we try to split the work among a few translators so that no one translator gets overwhelmed.
We’ve been struggling maintaining our translators due to their real life obligations, and since NKM48 is a family-oriented group, we believe that real life takes precedence over subbing.
This is why we need YOUR help if you can help translate, even if it’s just part-time! Click below!
Also, in the very near future, we’d like to do a poll of all the episodes in our backlog. This will help us prioritize which episodes to get done first. When the poll opens, please vote for the top 3 episodes you’d like to see subbed first. Coming soon!
We have also been working with our new Public Relations staff with training. As you may have noticed, we started a Facebook page, and our Twitter has become more active. We’ve been updating with birthday charts and the latest news, along with random translations every now and then!
We took on two applicants, and after their trial periods, we decided to promote one of them to full-time staff. That being said, the other PR staff spot is now open for applications! Please apply below!
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR)
There are two main reasons for this hiring.
- It will help lighten the load across the board and allow each staff member to focus on their respective jobs within the group.
- It will help manage our social media, which at the moment, is very quiet. With this hiring, we plan to begin utilizing our social media to communicate updates and progress on each episode that we’re working on.
- The PR will help with advertising NKM48 subs, managing social media, and communication between NKM48 and other fansub groups and people.
- The PR will help moderate comments.
- The PR will be an advocate for the fans and help make their voice heard during staff meetings.
- As with all our staff, we primarily use LINE for communication, so constant communication with the rest of the staff will be necessary.
- As with any position at NKM48, real life responsibilities come first. However, unlike the rest of the staff members, the PR will not have a specific set schedule. Once the PR goes through training, many things may not necessarily require a great deal of time, thus allowing for a more flexible schedule and workload.
- Must pass the initial trial period (Kenkyuusei).
Who We’re Looking For
- Someone who…
- appreciates and loves NKM48’s work.
- has passion for the 48 Groups and Sakamichi Groups.
- is willing to manage several social media sites simultaneously.
- is easy to communicate with.
- is team-oriented.
- is mature.
- loves to work with a diverse group.
- has the drive to give back to the community.
- is willing to continue learning and adapting.
- NO SUBBING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!
- Basic Photoshop or graphics designing skills are preferred!
- You get to…
- be one of the first people to watch our completed subs.
- use this as a resume builder and will have several worthy references! Several of our staff have ALREADY used NKM48 to further their current careers!
- make new friends who share common interests.
- access to staff-exclusive events such as our live-translating Senbatsu Sousenkyo Watch Party, live staff coverage of live event streams, and any future meetups!
- put in requests for subtitles on any shows you’d like.
- get free, quick translations of articles, tweets, etc. by our own staff!
- contribute back to the community!
How It Works
- We receive your application.
- Your application is reviewed by one of the group’s managers (Makarin, Sakura, or Animeswordmaster).
- An e-mail response will be sent out regardless of status of application (whether you pass onto the next step or not, you’ll get an e-mail response).
- For those who pass initial screening, there will be a short interview via LINE.
- Then we make a decision and inform you of it.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this position, please fill out the form below!