Hi everyone! Animeswordmaster here~
As NKM48 nears its first year anniversary, we have a few surprises in store for you fans…
We will have a special release for our anniversary!
I’ve hinted at this in the past, but can anyone remember? o.O
We will pick up a new show in addition to continuing AKB48 SHOW!
After discussing it for some time, we decided to add another show to our releases. We will do our best to sub it on a regular basis, but our goal at NKM48 has always been to expand. Over the past year, we’ve slowly added to our dedicated global team working on AKB48 SHOW!. We want to continue this trend and give back to the fanbase.
So, here’s the fun part. YOU get to vote for which show we pick up! The poll will stay open until our anniversary date (see countdown on the right), and at the end, the result will be announced! Each show airs in a different time interval (monthly, weekly, etc.), so depending on the show that gets voted the most, the amount of staff working on it will vary (less staff for a monthly show vs more staff for a weekly show). Which brings me to my next point…
So in order to facilitate adding another show, we need to expand our team! We want to be able to bring you subs in a timely manner, and if we have our current staff pulling double duties on two shows, that is frankly bad management. If we cannot get the necessary minimum amount of staff to work on the additional show, then we will have to delay the show’s addition to the NKM48 family!
ALL CANDIDATES, REGARDLESS OF EXPERIENCE, MUST PASS THE NEW STAFF TEST!
All communication is in English, experience is preferred, and having two or more skill sets is a plus. We use AegisSub for all of our work and utilize LINE to communicate. The following positions are available:
- Translators (2-3)
- Duties include translating dialogue with or without a Japanese script, translating by ear, translating typesets, and translating songs.
- Must have proficiency in Japanese AND English.
- Timers (2
- Duties include timing dialogue, typesets, and lyrics.
- Timing is done first before translating.
- Typesetter (1-2)
- Duties include typesetting all text on-screen and adjusting any timing as necessary.
- Typesetting is done simultaneously with timing.
- Translation Checkers (1-2)
- Duties include checking all translations from dialogue, typesets, translation notes, and song lyrics for spelling, punctuation, grammar, and accuracy.
- MUST be a native English speaker and proficient in Japanese.
Quality Control (1-2) Duties include checking all releases before release to the general public for any timing, typesetting, and translation errors. Must have an eye for details.
Encoder (1-2) Duties include hardsubbing/encoding all subtitle files together with the respective video file for release.
All details regarding the staff test and further questions will be discussed upon receipt of your application. If you’re interested, please fill out the application below, and we will get back to you right away! If you have any questions, please put them at the end of the “Why You?” section.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!
~From Animeswordmaster & the NKM48 Family