Translator, QC, Encoding: Animeswordmaster
Timer: Kazu, Hina
Hey it’s ASM. Soooo I’m a Kitarie oshi. And this episode has been on the backburner for a long time now. With SSK around the corner, I wanted to do SOMETHING for my oshimen. So here is the Takamina Lecture Room segment from episode 49. The rest of the episode needs to be translated before we do a full release, but I wanted to release this part by itself first. There are a few points I’d like to highlight.
*This was the most difficult talk I’ve ever had to translate. Not because the language was hard, but because it was difficult choosing the right words to properly convey their feelings across. I actually ragequitted in the middle of this several times. However, I pushed through using every resource I had at my disposal. I hope I achieved this goal.
*This is the first time I’ve ever seen Takamina be at such a loss for words. The usually eloquent, strong leader stumbled upon her own words in this. It goes to show how much she really cares about everyone in AKB.
*Rie tweeted shortly after this episode was aired to apologize to her fans for showing her depressed side on TV. She did, however, state in that tweet that she will NOT graduate from AKB with any negative feelings or regrets.
*Now fast forward to today, months later. She’s transferring over to NGT48 as the captain and starting a new chapter of her life. When you watch this segment, keep this in mind… She’s found that missing piece.
I’d also like to address some “issues” (but not really issues) as of late.
1. Yes. We’re late. We’re VERY aware of that. No need to ask us about the current state of affairs. If there’s an old episode on the backburner, well, it’s on the backburner. That’s why we have a Tentative Schedule that’s updated frequently. Just follow that~
2. For some random reason, I keep getting requests to sub a lot of Nogizaka46 shows. Our main priority is to sub AKB48 SHOW. So, sorry. Yes, we DO take requests into consideration when deciding our next episode to sub, but ultimately it’s up to the translators (skyle + me) if we want to sub the episode or not.
3. I’m aware that a lot of links for softsubs have not been re-uploaded back up. Well, frankly, I’m busy with my studies, managing the group, translating, and trying to stay sane :D. So, they might not be up until the summer. My apologies for that. However, if you need the softsubs to a particular episode, drop us an e-mail.
1. We will start releasing translated Google+ posts, particularly of Uchiyama Natsuki’s (Nakki). Why? I’m currently training Sakura, our secondary timer/typesetter, in translating. These are HER translations. All I do is comment and critique them while showing her the ropes of translating. Look forward to them!
2. So I have recently acquired the Japanese softsubs for Kitarie’s recent one-shot drama Minna, Esper Dayo!. I don’t know if anyone will be subbing this, but if you know a group who will be doing it (like from d-addicts or some random place), then please let me know. Until I receive news that someone else is doing it, this will be considered an official project pick-up. I’ll be translating it in my spare-free time bit by bit, so it WILL take a while. Possibly might not finish until the summer, but I’ll be working on this one alone. Since I’d like to release quality translations for this, I’ll be watching the original drama first, and THEN translating this.
A LOT of work went into these releases, so seriously, please contact us before re-translating into another language! Thanks! Enjoy~
Check out our tentative schedule for future releases! We LOVE reading your comments, so keep them coming! They help us get through the tough parts of our job! Thanks!
As you can see, we release late, but that’s because we don’t have YOUR help! We have a very small staff, so if you would like to help out, especially with TRANSLATING, please contact us via our e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot us a message on our forum or via H!O.
I won’t be releasing softsubs for this until we finish the whole episode, so you’ll have to make do with just the hardsub. Sorry~ Enjoy!